Live streaming inside VS outside
Here we will show you the different possibilities and tricks you need to know in order to do a live stream in different kinds of venues, for e.g. outside for football or inside for hockey or gymnastics.
Live streaming inside
- If you are streaming inside you have the possibility to use a wifi connection if there is one in the building that requires the following parameters: minimum 5 Mbit Upload, in the best case 10 Mbit Upload. Check the speed of your internet connection here.
- If you are not able to use a stable Wifi connection, you can work with mobile routers which use 4G SimCards.
- It is important to have electricity nearby the streaming device, so that you can charge your device during their use.
- Look for a spot that is attractive to your viewers. In team sports such as Handball and Basketball for example we recommend to stay on the middle line in a higher position to have a good view of the whole game.
Live streaming outside
When you’re doing a stream outside you have to make sure that you have a good and stable internet connection as well. These are the steps and tips on how to make a good and high quality live stream outside.
- Electricity to charge the devices is important. If you don’t have electricity nearby, you can use power banks instead. But here attention! Look after the power banks before they are running out of battery and need charging.
- It is possible to stream with Wifi from an inside location for example but it is not recommended, because the risk of losing the connection is too high. Better use mobile data with a mobile router which uses 4G SimCards. If you need suggestions, please contact us, we’re happy to help!
- If it is raining, try to protect your equipment for example with an umbrella.
- Additionally it is recommended to have a spare of 2m2, to not disturb other viewers outside and to protect your filmers, the equipment and to have a good picture of the stream.